Lower Colorado River Watershed
- The population is over 140,000 and has doubled every decade for the past two decades.
- It is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation.
- Major land uses includes agriculture, tribal, recreation, urban, and federal. Zion National Park is a major attraction in this area.
- Some major cities in the area are St. George, Hurricane, Washington, and Santa Clara.
- The Virgin River is about 162 miles long and drains into Lake Mead.
- 165.5 miles of the river and its tributaries were declared as part of the Wild and Scenic Rivers System in 2009, becoming the first declared in Utah.
- It is the home to the Woundfin and Virgin River Chub, both listed as endangered species of fish.
- Check out the tributaries here: www.virginriverprogram.org/the-virgin-river/tributaries/
Counties in this Watershed